no matter how much rain pours down, the sun will always come out

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Glance to the Past

there it sits on the windowsill, untouched and covered in dust
the cover is torn and tarnished, giving the impression it survived a bear attack
the pages have begun to curl, turning more yellow as the days go by
it sits there longingly, waiting anxiously to be opened
it has been years since life has been given to this little black book.


it is filled with all my hopes and desires, my secrets and confinements
its holds my childhood self, my middle school crushes, my adventures with my barbies
along with my dream to be a dancer and to become the pink power ranger
even though it is now old and tainted with age, it is still my best friend
maybe one day I will give life and revisit my past
but for the now the broken stitching reminds me of what once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment